Let us help celebrate your milestones with a ribbon-cutting event.
The ribbon-cutting event is a way to demonstrate the connection of a business with other local entities, employees, customers, and vendors within the community. These events are free and open to any business to celebrate major accomplishments. They should be reserved for special occasions, including:
- New business grand opening
- New location
- New management
- Major milestone anniversary (i.e., 25, 50, 75 years of service in the Preston area.)
Here is what the Chamber can provide:
- Email invitations to the chamber members and city and county officials. Included in the newsletter, as timing allows.
- Event listing on the Event Calendar (Submit your events here).
- Shared event invitations and information across the Chamber’s social media platforms.
- Press Release & contact with local media outlets for additional day-of coverage.
This does not promise attendance, but we will do our best to spread the word.
- Chamber Board Member attendance, as schedule allows.
- The traditional big scissors and ribbon*.
- Direct invitation to relevant city and county officials.
- Social media coverage of the event.
Here is what we need from you:
- To provide at least two weeks’ notice to plan and execute your event efficiently.
The event cannot conflict with another scheduled Chamber event. Please check the Chamber Event Calendar to find available options.
Submit your event here; make sure to include that it is a ribbon-cutting event in the form.
- To invite your followers and guests of choice.
- To provide a logo and a rundown of the day-of agenda and talking points. This includes essential event details that we can include in our event promotion.
- To provide any food or entertainment, if desired.
- Custom Ribbon *We will have large red ribbon on hand. If you would like a custom ribbon color, that is up to you to provide.